How to Access the Apple Music Store and Buy Music
Since launching its music streaming service in 2015, Apple has focused heavily on Apple Music through the iTunes Store.
Launched in 2001, iTunes helped start the digital music revolution more than two decades ago. Over the past decade, as streaming has overtaken digital music purchases, iTunes has been hidden away on some platforms, but the music store is still accessible on Mac, Windows, and iPhone. The iTunes Store is always loved by those who prefer owning their own music to streaming.
- Go to the App Store and tap To research
- Search for “iTunes Store” or click here from your iPhone
- Faucet TO HAVE or the cloud icon to download and install the app
- Once installed, press OPEN or find the app on your home screen
If you’re using macOS 10.14 or earlier, iTunes will be automatically installed on your Mac. Since macOS Catalina, Apple has split iTunes into separate Apple Music, Apple TV, Apple Podcasts, and Apple Books apps. All existing purchases, rentals and imports are automatically transferred to their respective applications. To enable the iTunes Store in Apple Music:
- Click on The music in the upper right corner of the menu bar, then Preferences
- Under Generaltick the box next to itunes store
- You will now notice the iTunes Store in the left panel
Click here to learn how to download and install iTunes on Windows
Did you know you can sell your own music on iTunes for free? Click here to find out more.